|Email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01634 842194 for more information.
You may apply via www.richardwatts.org.uk from 1 January 2014.
Closing date is 1.00 p.m. Friday 28 February 2014.
There is a £10 fee per entry with a maximum of three entries per person.Competition Rules
- Artists must be 16 years or over.
- The theme of the competition is ‘Chatham Intra and Lesser Known Chatham’.
- Entries will be accepted in any 2D medium, including photography and must be no larger than A1 (594mm x 841mm) once framed.
- Submissions will only be accepted as digital files uploaded via our website from 1 January 2014.
- Digital submissions should be of a resolution between approximately 1024 x 768 and 1920 x 1080.
- Artwork submitted must be original and created by the artist(s) named in the application.
- Price must be included in the application form, maximum £1000.
- Deadline for entries 1pm on 28th Feb 2014.
- There is a £10 fee per entry. Unpaid or unidentified entries will not be accepted.
- Payment can be made via the application form online, by cheque or cash at: Richard Watts Charities, Administrative Offices, Watts Almshouses, Maidstone Road, Rochester, Kent ME1 1SE. Monday to Friday 9.30am-4pm. By BACS to: RICHARD WATTS CHARITIES, Barclay’s Bank PLC, Medway Towns Branch, Sort Code: 20-54-11, Account: 60931373. Please use your full name as reference.
- Maximum of three entries per person.
- The application form, submission upload facility and an optional online payment facility will be available on this website from 1 January 2014.
- Successful entrants will be notified by email / telephone by 14th March 2014. If you are not contacted by 14th March please assume your submission has not reached the short-list, however your work may still be purchased by Richard Watts Charities.
- Short-listed work must be delivered to Nucleus Art Gallery on the afternoon of Thursday 3rd April 2014 by 5pm or on Friday 4th April 2014 by 10.30am. Unsold work must be picked up Thursday 17th April between 1-5pm. Please contact Nucleus 01634 812108 direct if you are unable to deliver or pick up during these times.
- Work to be supplied framed, strung and bubbled-wrapped to prevent damage.
- Each entry to be clearly labelled on the back with name of artist, title of work, medium and price.
- Exhibition dates – Friday 4th April – Thursday 17th April 2014.
- Nucleus Arts will take 25% commission on all sales from their gallery.
- All sold artwork must remain in the gallery until the closure of the exhibition.
- Works submitted for the exhibition remain at all times, the liability of the artist who should arrange insurance to cover from transit, exhibiting and on to collection if unsold.
- Entry is taken as consent to re-produce entrant’s artwork. Artwork will only be used for purposes connected to the Richard Watts Charities Art Competition.
- Artwork will be exhibited for sale as part of this competition, and entry is taken as consent to exhibit and sell.
- Entry to the competition will be deemed as acceptance of our terms and conditions.