Ideas Test has been out and about over the last few months promoting their Six Ways to Wellbeing Swale project. They’re offering an exciting programme of workshops for young people 13-19 (25 SEN) in Swale aiming to improve their sense of wellbeing through film, dance, drama, writing and creative technology. Working with some of the most exciting arts organisations in Kent and beyond, it’s a great range of opportunities – have a look at the list below for details.
A crowd-sourced ‘wellbeing poem’ has been launched with Dan Simpson, who’s one of the workshop leaders. Get involved on Twitter with #wellbeingpoem or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The result will be broadcast during a final performance at The Avenue Theatre in Sittingbourne on December 6, which will showcase what participants have done during this project.
- Join Codasign to make an interactive phone cover which lights up when your phone rings or to create an interactive installation.
- Explore elements of dance and develop your dance and physical theatre skills with The Jasmin Vardimon Company.
- The Rochester LitFest offers you the chance to have fun with poetry and spoken word – writing and performing – and learn about digital storytelling using social media.
- Want to write, direct, act or design a TV series? These fun, exciting and hands on sessions with Viola Films will give you the chance to learn some basic film making skills and create a new Six Part Webseries.
- Your ideas performed from scratch – Wide Eyed Theatre will help you create a story of people, place and events that make you happy!
The Six Ways to Wellbeing are:
- Connect – with family, friends, colleagues, neighbours
- Be active – walk, run, garden, dance
- Take notice – be curious, reflect on experiences
- Keep learning – try something new
- Give – doing something for others
- Grow your world – planet care for its sustainability
Find out more about the Six Ways to Wellbeing at www.liveitwell.co.uk
The project is jointly funded by Kent County Council, Artswork and Royal Opera House Bridge.