The FUSE Medway Festival taking place from 13th to 15th June, is a free, outdoor arts festival for the people of Medway and visitors. For one weekend in June, Medway’s public spaces are transformed, creating exciting, unexpected happenings and spectacular events.
FUSE is committed to the development of new work and to supporting local artists. It is offering three local arts commissions for 2014: one commission of up to £5,000 and two commissions of up to £2,500.
The commission provides an opportunity to explore new ways of working and to develop your practice. The criteria are as follows:
- Applicants must be living or working in Medway.
- Projects must take place in Medway.
- Projects must be specifically designed for the outdoors.
- Applications are welcomed from any art form.
- Projects must have an element of community engagement, which can be delivered in the 2 weeks prior to the main festival.
- Projects must be accessible and innovative.
- The work must be delivered within a realistic budget.
- The finished performance / installation must take place between 13 – 15 June.
Applications can be submitted by post (FUSE Medway Festival, Arts Team, The Brook Theatre, Old Town Hall, Chatham, Kent ME4 4SE) or by e-mail to email@example.com. The deadline for submissions is 12 noon on Friday 31 January 2014.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview on Monday 17 February 2014
For further information and a full copy of the commission brief and an application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01634 338319.